When I was a kid, birthdays and Christmases couldn’t come soon enough. One could say that my 5 year old self subscribed to an embarrassing mantra of ’tis better to receive than to give—aka most annoying only child (however, note the “ed” in subscribed, thus indicating past tense thankyouverymuch). If that wasn’t bad enough, I also had a not so healthy dose of impatience. The minute my parents would leave the house, I would begin my investigation. I practically wore white gloves as I searched every nook and cranny in the house until I’d find that bright, colorfully wrapped box, begging to be taken out of its place of secrecy. And not being one to deny such reasonable requests, I’d ever so carefully lift a corner to “peak” inside and see what I’d be playing with until my next birthday. Apparently my secret agent skills weren’t as good as I thought because my parents soon caught on and became ninja warriors at hiding gifts (not to mention the wrapping). And thus began my quest into learning patience (among other lessons learned).
You may ask why I’m recalling this nonsense story to you. Well, friends, it is with just as much, if not more, excitement and anticipation as I used to feel around those holidays, that I finally get to say “welcome to my new blog”! I have been PATIENTLY awaiting this day, something that has clearly never come easy for me, for so long and I honestly couldn’t be happier with the results. This whole process has been such an incredible labor of love and I couldn’t have done it without the help of so many people, who in turn, have had more patience with me than I could have ever asked for.
So here’s a couple big thank you’s to some really awesome people that made this all happen:
- Dustin Davis, website/blog designer extraordinaire. Not only did he do an incredible job taking my small ideas and making them bigger and better, but he also “got me” from the start. Those of you who have worked with website or blog designers know how difficult it is to find someone who understands your vision and brings it to life. Dustin worked tirelessly on this and was so incredibly patient with me every step of the way. Not only is he so good at what he does, but he’s also a genuinely really good person. I’m so thankful that I met such a professional, talented, kind human soul and feel so very blessed by him. Clearly, I’m his biggest fan. Dustin, you are such a gift… For real.
- Christine of Ink Lemonade. You, guys. This beautiful piece of talent hand drew my logo and stole my heart forever. I have followed her blog from day 1 and fell in love with her family immediately (not to mention that letterpress line of hers). We bonded through so many things and when she offered to do my logo for me, I wanted to crawl up into a ball and cry tears of joy. I’m not quite sure what I did to have such amazing friends and people in my life, but I’m so thankful. And humbled. Christine, I can’t thank you enough for gifting me with your talent. You’re one of the most giving, thoughtful, selfless, and beautiful people I’ve ever met—both inside & out (see for yourself everyone). I simply love you.
- My friends. You all know who you are and I couldn’t have done it without your input. Thanks for being my “test” subjects and scrutinizing over colors and codes with me as if they were the most important things in life. Thank you for your input, your participation, your honesty, and your willingness to just be there. You guys are my family and my heart loves you all like crazy.
- My loyal blog readers that have stuck with me from the beginning and continued to follow me from the days of photographing my friend’s babies to venturing into weddings and having a baby of my own, thank you. This blog wouldn’t be anything without your kind comments, encouragement, emails, and continued readership. I’m constantly growing and changing and hoping that I can be better, not just as a photographer, but as a person and it means the world to me to know that you all are a part of my story. So thank you again and again.
- And finally, to my husband, Adi, who is my rock. I’ve leaned on you time and time again and you’ve never moved an inch. You’ve been there through the whole process (not just this blog but the entire journey) and you’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. But like with everything in our life, you’ve been the one constant, favorite part of it all. Please know that without you there is no me. So thanks babe, for loving me and supporting me through everything. You’re truly the best.
Hope you guys like the new layout and brand as much as I do! You’ll see some new features, like an FAQ page, and some coming soon features, like the website (lookbook)! The old blog will continue to be up but I’ll only be posting here from now on. I’ve transferred some favorite blog posts from the old site to the new one and have some pretty awesome weddings coming soon to a computer near you! You guys, I’m so excited about all that’s to come and hope you’ll continue to follow along on this crazy journey with me!